Facebook have released an awesome tool to integrate with self-hosted WordPress blog and WordPress.com that allows you to share your content to that social networking in one click.
It is developed by them and supported by automattic and some developers. From this fact we can conclude that this plugin is fully supported by them. With this plugin user are able to share, recommend, like, and subscribe to one of the topic.
“The plugin was built by Facebook engineers in collaboration with open source partners, and makes it simple for anyone to make their WordPress site more social – no coding required,” Facebook engineer Matt Kelly wrote in a blog post introducing the tool.
All of these features are easy to enable via checkboxes on the settings page.
- Post to an Author’s Timeline whenever they publish a new WordPress Post or Page.
- Mention friends and Facebook Pages. This posts to their Timelines as well as lists them on the WordPress Post or Page.
- Post all new WordPress Post or Pages to a specified Facebook Page.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons can be enabled in a click and are fully customizable.
- Facebook Comments, including full SEO support.
- Open Graph Protocol integration.
- Recommendations bar, which allows users to click to start getting recommendations, Like content, and add what they’re reading to Timeline as they go.
All of these features are easy to enable via the Widgets settings page.
- Activity Feed Box. This shows the user the activity that their friends are doing on your website.
- Recommendations Box. This shows the user recommendations of pages they should visit based on the actions their friends are taking on your website.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons.
That’s all about Facebook plugin for WordPress. It’s very useful to make your blog more sociable and indirectly it’s good for your position on SERP.
If you are interested with it, you can click here to download it or you can install directly to your blog from your admin panel.